Diva: Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue synthesizer.
Diva captures the spirit of five decades of analogue synthesizers. Oscillators, filters, and envelopes from some of the greatest monophonic and polyphonic synths of yesteryear were meticulously modelled for unmatched analogue sound. More than a single synthesizer: Recreate an old favourite or mix-and-match modules to design your unique hybrid.
IMPORTANT: The current version of Avid’s toolkit for building AAX plug-ins is not compatible with the Apple SDK needed to build plug-ins for Apple’s new ARM/M1 processors. We are therefore not able to provide updated AAX versions on macOS, neither for Intel CPUs, nor for Apple M1. If you’re a Pro Tools user on macOS, please continue using the previous version of Diva for the time being. Once the AAX toolkit supports Apple’s M1 processor architecture, we will provide new AAX versions for macOS, with support for Big Sur and both Intel and Apple M1 CPUs.
Diva captures the spirit of various analogue synthesizers by letting the user select from a variety of alternative modules. The oscillators, filters and envelopes closely model components found in some of the greatest monophonic and polyphonic synthesizers of yesteryear. But what sets DIVA apart from other emulations is the sheer authenticity of her analogue sound. This comes at the cost of quite a high CPU-hit, but we think it was worth it: Diva is the first native software synth that applies methods from industrial circuit simulators in realtime.
Oscillators and Filters The filters are at the heart of Diva’s analogue sound. A combination of realtime circuit simulation and zero delay feedback (ZDF) design gives Diva its remarkable sound. With ZDF, the delays normally produced when modelling analogue circuits are vastly reduced, resulting in a much more authentic resonance behaviour. (If you are interested, Urs wrote an in-depth blog post about ZDF.)
Diva models five different filters found in classic hardware synthesizers. All filters have modulation options and the traditional cutoff and resonance controls, but each has its character, quirks and options.
Like the filters, Diva’s oscillators are also modelled on classic hardware. The five models offer a wide range of different characteristics that fundamentally affect the overall sound, giving you a broad palette to start with for your next riff, bass and pad.
All five share common controls: waveform selection, octave range, mix or independent output volume controls, a noise source and plentiful modulation options. Plus a few touches unique to each model.
Triple VCO With three oscillators, Triple VCO is the largest of the oscillator panels. Waveform shape selection is continuous rather than discrete: choose ramp, triangle, sawtooth, square or any position inbetween for hybrid shapes. Try out frequency modulation (FM), oscillator sync, waveform modulation for striking tones. Use feedback to route post-filter sound back into the oscillator mixer for effects ranging from mild bass boost to subharmonics / low-frequency howling.
Effects and envelopes Oscillators and filters get your sound humming, but a little polish and refinement make it sing.
Switching oscillators and filters on or off like an organ would be very limiting. Envelopes provide more nuanced and engaging results. Diva has two slots—one dedicated to the amplifier, the other to the filter—both with three models to choose from. Craft gently rising sounds, notes that fade slowly into the distance, or sharp percussion
* About Linux: Before purchasing, please be aware the Linux versions of our plug-ins are still considered beta. While the plug-ins are stable, we are not able to provide the same level of support for these products as we do for the macOS and Windows versions. Support is provided via the Linux and u-he communities on our forum
- Authentic, award-winning analogue sound
- Mix-and-match panels for custom layouts
- Per-voice oscillator detune and user-definable modulation source
- Zero delay feedback (ZDF) filter design for authentic resonance behaviour
- 3 ADS(S)R envelope models based on classic synth hardware with keyboard follow and velocity scaling
- 5 oscillators models based on classic synth hardware
- 5 filter models based on classic synth hardware
- 2 host-syncable LFOs with multiple waveforms, restart options and phase controls
- 2 stereo effects slots, each with chorus (3 modes), phaser (2 modes), plate reverb, delay, rotary speaker
- Host-syncable arpeggiator with continuous rate offset, swing, various progression options
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Over 1200 factory presets
- NEW in v1.4.5: Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP