The Oberheim OB-E is our take on the legendary Oberheim® 8-Voice and the first software instrument ever to receive Tom Oberheim’s personal endorsement.
More than just an emulation, the OB-E offers a unique musical experience. Sounding HUGE, it takes the iconic Synthesizer Expander Module (SEM®) based 8-Voice (a.k.a the EVS) into new sonic territory via a raft of enhancements and additions.
The concept of the 8-Voice is actually very simple; based around a single SEM containing two VCOs with Pulse and Sawtooth waveforms, two ADS Envelope Generators, one LFO, and a magical Multi-Mode Filter. In isolation each SEM is monophonic, but in the 8-Voice, because there are eight SEMs triggered by a polyphonic keyboard, you have a superb eight note polyphonic synthesizer.
This unique Octaphonic architecture offers fresh and exciting creative possibilities to music producers, composers and sound designers for the first time in the digital realm.
OB-E V2 features a new reverb, 100+ new Patches (bringing the total to over 700), a new Zoom function for the sequencer along with a crazy new Drum Mode enabling each SEM to be triggered by a dedicated key. We’ve also added 10 drum kit Presets to get you started. If you are looking for a new analog drum machine, give it a go, it might surprise you.
Gforce OB-E plug-in Features:
- [New] 100+ New presets & new Matrix Reverb
- [New] Vintage knob & Refined Detune parameter
- [New] Drum Mode and 10 drum kits presets
- [New] PC support, VST3 and Apple Silicon Native
- [New] Flexible scaling UI & Sequencer Zoom
- Unique 8-Voice Octaphonic architecture with zero delay feedback filters
- An authentic sounding emulation of the Oberheim 8-Voice
- 700 factory Patches designed to fit in a mix, all tagged and categorised
- Librarian for easy access to the presets (Arrow Keys Navigation)
- Continuous, round-robin mode where each note use a new voice
- ZOOM enlarges an individual Module filling the UI with front and rear panels side by side
- Group mode to edit all Modules at once
- Individual Synthesiser Expander Module Copy, Paste and Save
- 150+ Individual Synthesiser Expander ModulePresets,
- 50+ Individual Sequencer Presets
- 2 x VCOs, 2 x ADS, Multimode-filter, Polyphonic Aftertouch enabled
- LFO, 3rd VCO doubling as a second LFO
- Multiple triggering modes; Polyphonic, Monophonic, Mono Legato, & Unison
- Stereo Delay & MIDI Sequencer with Sequencer Lock when changing a Patch
- 48 Sequence key scaling options
- Volume & Pan per Module. HRTF for Pan
- Global Tuning, Vibrato and Portamento. MIDI CC Control
- Upper/Low modules can be Split across the keyboard
- Extensive Velocity & Aftertouch modulation
- Polyphonic aftertouch and MPE ready